PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Chaining 595s

joeberg
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I have been running with 2 595s daisy chained since Thanksgiving with no problems. I tried adding a third tonight and it appears to be repeating the channels that are on board #1 (1-64) rather than its own channels (129-192).

I thought you could chain more than 2 boards together, but I guess I am looking for confirmation that it should work. My first suspicion was the profile setup and that maybe it was set to only 128 channels which might cause the first 64 to repeat, but that is not the case. It is setup for 192 channels. My only thought is that something in Vixen still thinks it is still only using 128 channels although it says 192 everywhere.

Any suggestions or thoughts? I have confirmed that one and two boards work fine, just adding a third causes the repeat.

thanks in advance,

Joe

Macrosill
12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
In theory you should be able to put up to 1024 channels on a single parallel port.

It sounds like you have an incorrect channel amount in the plug in or port setting, both in Vixen.

joeberg
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
In theory you should be able to put up to 1024 channels on a single parallel port.

It sounds like you have an incorrect channel amount in the plug in or port setting, both in Vixen.

That's what I thought. I know it sounds like I have an incorrect channel amount, but believe me, I have checked and I have it set correctly. I am starting to think that maybe there was a problem (bug maybe) with increasing the channel count after starting with an initial count. I am still looking into it.

thanks for the confirmation!

Joe

sandy
12-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Don't forget,
you have to re-do the settings in the Program section also.
If you set it for the sequence only,
then it could do the repeat thing in the running Program mode.

joeberg
12-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Don't forget,
you have to re-do the settings in the Program section also.
If you set it for the sequence only,
then it could do the repeat thing in the running Program mode.

Thanks Sandy. I believe that was my problem. I had it set correctly in the sequence, but it wasn't set correctly in the program. I could swear it was doing it in the individual sequences yesterday, but today it worked fine in a sequence. I checked the program and it was still set to 128. It is working great now. Thanks!

Joe