PDA

View Full Version : controlling strobes

olingerjccj
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Can you put multiple strobes on 1 channel? I was thinking 4 per channel. Just curious.

Thanks
John

james70818
01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes, I ran 10 on a single channel. The ones from CDI. They start out flashing together but they quickly randomize.

James

olingerjccj
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Next question on this lol, I have a 16ft mega tree going with at least 14 of them in there but i am going to have 6 4ft mini trees to get that look I was planning 3 or 4 per tree do you think that would be enough?

Thanks
John

kychristmas
01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I really like how the CDI strobes ended up looking. Its the only thing I added this year that people made comments about. I had 12 randomly in my Megatree. I took two C9 strings and removed two out of 3 sockets. Sealed up the holes and then hung the string on my Megatree with wireties. The are fired on a single channel. The looker better than I epxected.

I also took 4 others I had and used them as toppers for my Midi-trees. They were controlled individually using the spare channel I had at each Midi-Tree.

I have two issues with them:

1. They look like hell hanging on the tree in the daytime.
2. I have at least two that didn't hold up to the weather.

Still, I wish I could afford to by 12-15 more this year. I would love to add them as mini tree toppers and to my Megatree topper.

To be clear, I am speaking of the Traditional C9 replacement Incan strobe. I believe there are some similar LED based one's

kychristmas
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
My megatree isn't quite that big and I have 12 (I think) scattered on the front. I don't think you need to spread them out around the whole tree. Mine basically go around the most visible half of my tree.

Next question on this lol, I have a 16ft mega tree going with at least 14 of them in there but i am going to have 6 4ft mini trees to get that look I was planning 3 or 4 per tree do you think that would be enough?

Thanks
John