PDA

View Full Version : Wreath help needed

glaforce
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I Bought a 42" wreath (for $8.00 was $80.00 got to love those 90% of sales) anyway i have been trying to come up with how i what to set it up and i can see lots of channels in just one wreath say around 20 channels to do 4 colors of light in 4 segments around the wreath plus 6 to 8 C9 around the wreath each on a channel.

So as you can see i have a basic plan but it maybe way over kill. Plus how many mini's can one put on a 42" wreath before it look bad or catch's on fire :D

Looking for advice, input, pointing in the wright direction so on and so on.

If there is something on the forums about this i was unable to find it as the search is not working right now.

bcstuff
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Check out James70818's video on youtube. He did a multiple channel multipe color wreath that I want to copy next year. Maybe he can give us a how-to. It first shows up at 0:48 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8rs7jRWtMg

mattrob
01-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I added a wreath in 2010 with two strings of 26 ct. multi C9 LED's. The massive grouping of different colors (all on at the same time) didn't look as good as I expected. In retrospect, I would go with red, green, and blue leds controlled by separate channels (like you described).