PDA

View Full Version : New Year Countdown Clock

hcl1
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
New Year Count Down Clock using vixen

http://sites.google.com/site/subbass100/automated-new-years-count-down-2011

dirknerkle
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm constantly amazed at the creativity of the DIY enthusiast!

Gebbinn
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM
you know, I like this idea! However, I am thinking that you could make a digital readout clock with a background script. Instead of using a 12x60x60 display, which is a lot of channels, you can make a digital of hours/minutes/seconds with significantly fewer (42) channels. If you were only making a clock, you could reduce that channel count even further, using a 12 hour clock, the first digit would only need 2 channels, as the top/left/bottom side of the zero could be one channel, and the right side the other for the 1 and 0. This would cut 5 channels. Of course, if you went full functionality you could make a 24 hour clock, and also flash up to 6 letter words. The hardest part of making the script would be setting up your channel lists. If you set up one list for each number of each digit, and one for each letter of each digit (actually if you named the channels properly, with a placeholder for each of the clock's digits, it would be a matter of setting up one digit and then copy/paste/change the placeholder value to make this easier) You could also put the colon in between your seconds/minutes/hours, and make them steady on, or blink to the seconds timer (if you wanted to do this you could cut the display down to 4 digits rather than 6, ...)

You know what, I should just make the script for this and make a wiki.

I hope you dont mind if I take your basic idea and run with it.

SubBass100
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey, Thanks for the link to my site - SubBass100.com (http://www.SubBass100.com) . There are videos of the event on there now (especially the 10 minute condensed version). It worked out great... 28 hours of sequencing, ugh! but the outcome is great. Some one should make a macro type program for Vixen where letters / numbers that you type in a box correspond to mapped channels. Like by typing an O in the box it activates the six channels to make a zero that the user pre-configured ahead of time!

Anyway, Happy New Year!