PDA

View Full Version : Incan Lite Repair

IdunBenhad
12-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi:
I just returned from WalMart after purchasing many boxes of mini lites that were on sale.

I also found and bought a LightKeeper Pro, which is marketed under WalMarts "Holiday Time" name. I got mine for $10.00--it was marked $20.00

Even though this was marked "Holiday Time", they gave it away by their instructions, which told you to go to this website:

http://www.lightkeeperpro.com/how-it-works/videos

I highly recommend Everyone to watch these videos. Whether you have a LightKeeper Pro or not, Newbies will find a wealth of information here as well as us old-timers.

The more you know about the inner workings of our hobby, the more successful you will be in constructing a great display.

oldcqr
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I found that the videos while helpful don't give the whole story.

I wrote an article a few years ago that fills in the gaps:
http://www.landolights.com/main/content/view/91/39/

griffixdc
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
got one for 10 bucks at walmart

IdunBenhad
12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi:
Thanks, Mike, for your input. Indeed, your article is much more explanatory than the video.

Not having any experience with the LKP, I viewed the video and thought it would be helpful to others. Yours is better.

Thanks

oldcqr
12-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi:
Thanks, Mike, for your input. Indeed, your article is much more explanatory than the video.

Not having any experience with the LKP, I viewed the video and thought it would be helpful to others. Yours is better.

Thanks

Actually, both are helpful. The video plays up the LKP a bit too much in that it's the savior of the world, BUT it really does stress some of the tips beginners need to get going.

My article on the other hand tries to bring it back down to the real world and stress that it IS the savior, but only if you practice and learn some additional tips.

My father to this day swears that his doesn't work - EVERY YEAR. I pick it up and in 10 seconds find the problem. Difference? Practice.

Use both the vids and the article for the 1-2 punch that will make you an expert.

kychristmas
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure which instructions or videos are better. All I know is that it is my Savior. We have not had temps above freezing in over 3 weeks and the LKP allowed me to fix all but one of my string outages in just a few minutes.

Knowing what I know now, I would pay above full price for one. I did not see them in Walmart, but the local Hardware store had them, but they are not on clearance (yet!)

I need to get a backup for mine because I have seemed to misplace my other backup.

IdunBenhad
12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi:
Sounds like you need a backup for the backup.

Tie a shoestring to it and hang it from your belt.

oldcqr
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM
If you can't score one on clearance, Amazon typically has them for less than $20. If you wait until you have an order for another $5 of Amazon stuff, it will ship free.

Right now it's $18:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R8KBOK?ie=UTF8&tag=laoli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000R8KBOK

kychristmas
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I guess it really wasn't a backup. I had one in each of my coats last year and I think one fell out. I figure some kids found it and picked it up. That was much cheaper than what I lost this year. Left a $200 cordless impact driver out there during setup this year. Gone for good! Ouch!

If I find them for the $3 I paid for those, I'll buy every one of them.