PDA

View Full Version : Background script, almost there!!

Livermore-Dad
12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm noticing some weird behavior and have some questions.

First question:

Appears I can't have 2 chase arguments in a row, I tried to chase up and then back but no go, if I remove the second chase statement the rest of the script seems to fire.

Do I need to set something between chases?

// Set 1
Chase(Channels(
CandyCane_1,
CandyCane_3,
CandyCane_5,
CandyCane_7,
CandyCane_9,
CandyCane_11,
Tree_Base_1,
Tree_Base_2,
Tree_Base_3,
Tree_Base_4), Over(1).Seconds, Wait); <<<fires

Script pauses, stops here, no further execution, no errors

Chase(Channels(
CandyCane_11,
CandyCane_9,
CandyCane_7,
CandyCane_5,
CandyCane_3,
CandyCane_1,
Tree_Base_4,
Tree_Base_3,
Tree_Base_2,
Tree_Base_1), Over(1).Seconds, Wait);

If I comment out the second chase the rest of the script fires, but I have a weird issues here as well. When I have a final "all cane chase", my Tree_Base_4/and 3 flicker out of control (they are not set to be on).

Any assistance? Going for a bit more than standard ramp, on/off

Thanks
Tory

Gebbinn
12-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Try putting in an off statement between your chase arguments. IE

// Set 1

Chase(Channels(
Tree_Base_1,
Tree_Base_2,
Tree_Base_3,
Tree_Base_4
CandyCane_1,
CandyCane_3,
CandyCane_5,
CandyCane_7,
CandyCane_9,
CandyCane_11,), Over(1).Seconds, Wait); <<<fires

//Script pauses, stops here, no further execution, no errors

Off (All); //added this line

//Set 2

Chase(Channels(
CandyCane_11,
CandyCane_9,
CandyCane_7,
CandyCane_5,
CandyCane_3,
CandyCane_1,
Tree_Base_4,
Tree_Base_3,
Tree_Base_2,
Tree_Base_1), Over(1).Seconds, Wait);

I could also suggest that you might want to up the time you are taking to chase here. You are chasing 10 channels over 1 second, which is only giving you 100ms per channel, thats an awfully fast chase in my opinion. of course, I have a lot of opinions.

Livermore-Dad
12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Thank you sir.

Ya I added an off a few nights ago and completely reworked the script. For some reason I like it better than some of my sequences, the script feels much more natural than filling in little grids and maybe you get it right, maybe you don't. Ramp, Chase no guesswork!! I think there should be a script method vs just grids for normal sequences.

And regarding the time, ya it's quick, I have some that count down from 4, 3, 2, 1 and interesting enough, the best chase on my tree wraps (up and sideways) is 400ms :) hahaha it's quick but there are a ton of lights so it is very smooth.

But yet I believe you are correct regarding the off, I've added a ton more off's than I had before, and starting to get better at when and where to replace the waits etc.

Again I think I prefer this to grids! (which we could somehow sequence using a combination of scripts and sequences)

Thanks again

Tory