PDA

View Full Version : making fireworks

quefol
12-04-2010, 06:02 AM
has any one ever created realistic looking fireworks and sequence them with vixen i would really like to learn how to make them

will3ishere
12-04-2010, 06:09 AM
yeah it is a labor of love
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11108&highlight=fireworks

dirknerkle
12-04-2010, 10:45 AM
PM jrock64 on his. Did a fantastic job on his using colored ropelight. I think it was called My 2010 Project in the development forum.

Dougp
12-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Not to hijack this, but you will see a post in that thread about someone going to make a kit. He contacted me to look into it. He named it the Blooming Roses and I'm in the process of putting together a kit for it to sell.

The following will be included in the package.

1 hub with 8 predrilled flanges.
8 mounting plates, pre drilled and machined to accept 1/4 in rod and hardware to lock the rods in place.
4 anchor plates for attaching anchor cable to the hub, also predrilled.

You would need to provide 1/4 in rod you decide the length.
For 4 ft spokes * 32 you would need 128 ft or 7 20 ft sticks less than $30.

The cost will be 85.00 plus shipping.

If anyone is interested, please le me know.

kychristmas
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I think that sounds excellent Doug. Fair Price too. As that will be the part that most people can't build on their own, this will be great thing.

Now, If we can find someone to create all the rope light sections for the same price :)

Edit: When things settle down after Christmas, I may purchase a couple so I can do some stuff for the 4th of July