PDA

View Full Version : Voice intro's

olingerjccj
12-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Well I am kinda stuck on this. I wanted to do a voice intro but I was not able to come across a mic. Any other ways to do this without a mic possible record in my cell phone? What kind of intro's do you all use.

Thanks
John

WakeFan
12-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I know you can with an Iphone, but not sure about others.

olingerjccj
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I just was messing with my wife's cell and records voice so there I go should work ok.

John

ailgup
12-04-2010, 12:11 PM
i know it doesn't sound as good as a real person, but if you use a good text to speech converter and put some music in the background it doesn't sound that bad, i would recommend ispeech.com since it is good and free. If you wanted to stick to the phone idea if you make a free google voice account you can call it and the voice mail records onto the computer so you could then download that.

kychristmas
12-04-2010, 12:17 PM
A microphone is cheap cheap cheap at many places. If you have a laptop, they are usually built-in. You may just need to turn it on.

If you have an old crappy mono ear peace that came with your Cell Phone, you can convert it to work as PC Mic. It will sound better than recording with a phone and uploading it that way. If you don't have one of those, stop by any wireless store and ask them. I guarantee you they will have one for free. Explain that you want it for your DIYC project not your phone.

olingerjccj
12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
cool thanks for the tips, I am going to mess with this tonight.

Thanks
John

WakeFan
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
A Wii mic works great. Just plug it in and hit record on Audacity.

Ekuth
12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
If you (or anyone) needs a v/o intro, for their show, I'd be willing to record/mix one for you. I've got a full audio suite on my main computer, I've done internet DJ'ing for years and record my own audio books.

Samples:

I can work from a script or wing it off of basic information. If desired, any background music needs to be supplied by you to keep compliant with copyright issues.