PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt I think of that???

Snowmizer2
11-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I was driving around today and came across a static display that had several small (8ft) mega-trees in it and I just had to stop and wonder why I never thought of using their method.

They made their trees using wooden cable spools as a base!! They cut each one in half at the spool section and then set them on the ground with what would have been the outsides of the spool on top......the pole goes into the hole in the spool and then the lights attach around the outside of the spool....that's it!! Brilliant....now I got to go find some empty spools!:D

olingerjccj
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I was driving around today and came across a static display that had several small (8ft) mega-trees in it and I just had to stop and wonder why I never thought of using their method.

They made their trees using wooden cable spools as a base!! They cut each one in half at the spool section and then set them on the ground with what would have been the outsides of the spool on top......the pole goes into the hole in the spool and then the lights attach around the outside of the spool....that's it!! Brilliant....now I got to go find some empty spools!:D

That is basically what i used but the metal spools. I was thinking on the wood ones too I can get more of those.

John