PDA

View Full Version : Does the 595 work correctly without SSR's attached

thickerson
11-28-2007, 02:17 AM
When I use Vixen on the 595 without the SSR's attached sometimes multiple LED's on the 595 board will come on with one output. Is that normal?

I hooked up all the SSR's, and when I turn on 8 9 also comes on. I can’t see anything wrong, and it is weird because those are on two different chips.

When I test without SSR's sometimes turning on 8 lights 8 and 9, and sometimes it doesn’t. Where should I look? I am using a 5V wall wart, and will have a switched mode 5V supply tomorrow.

vk3heg
11-28-2007, 02:18 AM
When I use Vixen on the 595 without the SSR's attached sometimes multiple LED's on the 595 board will come on with one output. Is that normal?

I hooked up all the SSR's, and when I turn on 8 9 also comes on. I can’t see anything wrong, and it is weird because those are on two different chips.

When I test without SSR's sometimes turning on 8 lights 8 and 9, and sometimes it doesn’t. Where should I look? I am using a 5V wall wart, and will have a switched mode 5V supply tomorrow.

Change your printer port to ECP and that should fix your problem. The 595 will work with nothing connected (mine does)

woody
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Next to the channel box on the left is 2 small boxes with check marks. click on it, it is the channel test. move the slider on the right all the way up. click on the channels you want to test. my board was freaking out like that and I had a chip backwards, the test might help narrow it down.