PDA

View Full Version : My Star Mounting

olingerjccj
11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Well my pole is about 10 ft tall, On mounting it on the pole I was thinking on 2 screws at the tips and rest the star on top of the screws then tie wrap the heck out of it. The thing is I have 2 more to mount on the pole but smaller if A would would then no problem. Next on my house the place where I am mounting it is a bit small could i even mount it there. I have pics it is right above the lamp on the eve where it is going. Well let me know I was hoping to ge it up there today.

Thanks
John

dirknerkle
11-21-2010, 03:25 PM
What's the average wind gust you get there in Albuquerque? Isn't it something like 400 mph? That star will grab a lot more wind than you'd ever expect. Make sure that pole is metal and probably has something inside it to boost its strength, too. Up on a roof like that the wind gets concentrated as well as the roof funnels it toward a peak.

Good lookin' star though!

olingerjccj
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Well i got this figured out. I screwed in a piece of wood across the eve then attached the center of the star to that., i does not go as high, but we do get high winds and the star would not have made it so this came out nice i think.

John