PDA

View Full Version : Display Videos

timsdailydose
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
All the time and effort everyone puts in to create a joyous display for their neighborhoods is a beautiful thing however is there information that anyone would care to share on the best way to produce a quality video as some i have seen on here to share on the web? I have tried to create videos previously but they never seem to be very good quality and the video format seems to be an issue with you tube . What could i be doing wrong?

dirknerkle
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
There's a thread here someplace from last year with all kinds of tips on shooting video of Christmas lights....

kychristmas
11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Check out the thread. Although mine were not HD, they turned out OK. I use a cheap Digital Video Camera that used the Mini-DV tapes. This year, I have a Canon 7D DSLR that has HD video. Can't wait to shoot the videos with it.

The few things I learned last year:

1. Set the focus manually - My Autofocus gets confused when the lights move and flash.

2. Feed the Radio Signal from a Personal Radio into the Camera's Mic input. My posted videos were done the hard ware (adding and syncing audio later), but I later tested this method and it worked great.