PDA

View Full Version : Logmein

mel4853
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm using logmein free and whenever I'm logged in and run vixen I get error message about sound device. If I shut down logmein and run vixen, everything is happy. How do I shut off sound from logmein?

bmcgeeny
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm using logmein free and whenever I'm logged in and run vixen I get error message about sound device. If I shut down logmein and run vixen, everything is happy. How do I shut off sound from logmein?

My guess is you just recently downloaded logmein. If you don't unselect logmein pro it gives you a free 30 day trial. You cannot shut sound off in log me in pro and the free version does not have sound.

You have to wait for the 30 day trial to be up.

mel4853
11-08-2010, 10:26 PM
You can go in and change to free version, already did this. But still getting the error message. I look at my account and it says free.

ctmal
11-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Actually you can disable the remote sound in the top right corner. Just click on the picture of the speaker.

I've never received a sound card error though, if that doesn't resolve your problem post your error message.

mel4853
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
The speaker icon is greyed out. This is the error I get.

ctmal
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Never saw that error and didn't find anything on logmein's website. I would start by reinstalling/updating your sound drivers. While your at it you should probably update your chipset drivers too. If that doesn't work I'd uninstall logmein then reinstall it.

mel4853
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
After 2 hours on phone with logmein, only thing left was to update drivers for sound card. Problem, no new drivers for this sound card(really old). Looked around in my stash and found another card, low and behold we're are back in business. Just says newer logmein does'nt support some older sound cards. Thanks for the help.