PDA

View Full Version : i need some help!!!

nvdspd
11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
my parallel port quit working (3 of the 12 i need) so i bought a card to plug into my pci slot. i installed all drivers ect as far as i know. i connected my 12 chanell box to the port.... all LED test lights light up!!! now i start vixen which used to shut off the LEDs IT DOES NOT! i set up a sequence to run and have used all 3 options (378, 278, 3bo) and it still does not play the sequence... anyone know whats wrong?

IdunBenhad
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi:
It could be that the parallel port that quit is still holding on to resources needed by your new parallel card.

The new card should have set itself up for a different address than the existing one in your PC, but maybe it didn't.

You mentioned 12 channels. Do you have more than 1 parallel port card? Most parallel ports are 8 channels, unless you are using the control lines and then it could be expanded to 12.

Try disabling the original port in Control Panel/systems/device manager and look for: Ports (Com & LPT) This is from Windows 7.

budude
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
All good ideas from Idun - also try disabling it in your BIOS.

nvdspd
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
i did disable the old port in bios. the new card says on back
easy plug and play installation automatically sets IRQ and I/O address
built in spp, ps2, epp, ecp compatible ieee 1284 printer port
support remapping to legacy address

now besides that not working i re opened old port and done some more testing. come to find out i got only 1 dead pin.. the 4 i thought were in puter is wrong only 1 was puter related the other 3 are in my box panel.. 9 10 11 and 12 are only puting out 56v to outlet. i got 110 at heat sinks but out of sinks all the way to outlet is 49 to 56v so got some work there too to do lol!

Yes Idun, i am using the 4 control lines with vixen 12 port parallel plug in... worked great last year lol! and i'm on windows xp... going to try the new card in the windows 7 puter tommorow... just maybe it will work. the 7 puter has no parallel port but is much faster system!

Thank you guys!!