PDA

View Full Version : routine to shut off lights

Doug-in-the-woods
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
I recall last year there was a "routine" that made Vixen keep all the lights off after the show is over and computer is still running in stand by mode until the next night.
I believe KC wrote such a routine but how to obtain it??

Wayne J
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, it is a background script. You only need it if you are using a 595 setup.

Here is a good read... and there is more just look for 'scripted sequence' in the titles.

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1332

Doug-in-the-woods
11-26-2007, 08:07 AM
I copied this from your post
void Start() {
Off(All, Every(30).Seconds);
WaitOnTimers();
}
now what do I do with it????

Slush
11-27-2007, 12:53 AM
I had to do the same thing - here is how I did it.

First Select - Sequence | New Event Sequence | Vixen Script Project - this will open to the script editor.

Enter the script - it should now look like this.

void Start() {
Off(All, Every(30).Seconds);
WaitOnTimers();
}

Now you need to import your channel list.
Select - Script | Import Channels | Now select a sequence that has the channel list you want to use. I picked my test sequence configured with 128 channels.

Pick the plugin and map it - Select - Script | Attached Plugins | Now pick and configure your Olsen 595 - just like you did for your regular sequence.

Select a module - Script | Modules - And Check Standard.dll

Now press F6 to compile

This next part - I don't know if I did right - but it seemed to work.

Save as - and I entered the name - All Off Script
Then it asked me again to save as - and I enter All Off Script - again.... I don't know why it asked twice.

Then I selected - Sequence | Set Background Sequence | Select - and selected the file I just made - All Off Script

When I tested to see if it was working - at first it did not. I found that under the - Tool | Preferences menu I needed to check the Enable Background Sequence box under Background Items.

That seemed to make it happen.

Wayne J
11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
If it is working, there will be a small scrolling bar in the bottom left of the Vixen main window. ;)

Aurbo99
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
My apologies on hijacking the Thread..

I followed the walkthrough as written above, I have my bottom left scrolling indicator suggesting its working.

My channels all flash on after 4 seconds after the sequence stops, and remain on until I force them off manually or restart the sequence.

I've replaced all my Allegro's, double checked all my solder joints, cables are all 6 feet or less for this test and all are working. All grounding points are good, started with a clean Vixen install and scripted a simple 4 channel sequence with music to test with. Regulated 5VDC 500ma power supply. And lastly tried all 32 of my SSROZ's with the same results.

Any suggestions?