PDA

View Full Version : new here would like to say hi and!!!!

fistfull
10-19-2010, 11:43 PM
just getting into this to make a cool tractor trailer flot for i up comming sant parade in town and was wondering where is the best place or how to build a
com controlled channels looking to build around 32 or 64 channels look on the site and i little bit lossed not sure what i"m doing

THANK YOU

dirknerkle
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Welcome to DIYC. The best place to start is in the beginner's section of the Wiki. You'll see a link in the menu for the Christmas Wiki -- give that a lookover and you'll find some pretty good direction on getting started.

-dave

tweist
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Welcome Newbie

Are you planning on running your controller with battery's or a generator? It will make a difference on how you layout your system and what you have to make. My suggestion is to us a small generator that is nice and stable.
Now for the bad part. Time is short and depending on how many channels you are going to use will determine how long your programming will take. The more channels, the longer it takes to program. The programming is not hard at all, just time consuming. Not to mention you will still have to order the parts for the controllers and put them together. Trust me, it can all be done, just ask for some help if you can.

I just to help design and build floats for the Tournament of Roses floats. Anything is possible. You will have a lot of questions, so feel free to ask anything, and a number of us will try to answer them quickly.

Again Welcome to DIYC, and like Dave indicated, check out the Christmas Wiki tab at the top of the page.