PDA

View Full Version : Official start day ....

lakewood
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi all

Next weekend - Saturday Oct 2 - will be the first day of the "2010 Season" for me! Can't wait. :mrgreen:

I'm extending my mega tree a few extra feet this year - will be 23 feet to the top of the mast and will have a star of some sort on top as well. Adding more mini-trees, figurines and arches. Plus I'm hoping to work out a shooting star to drop from the top of my house to the star on top of the mega tree.

All sorts of fun - and it's all thanks to you guys here on DIYC. Thanks for getting me started, giving me the courage to have a go and for all the great ideas. :)

-Robert.

dirknerkle
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
October 2nd is your official "START" day?

Geez, I've been working on my 2010 display since last February... Do you have five or six hands and a couple heads or something modern science would like to know about?

lakewood
09-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi Dirk -

I should have clarified my first post - next weekend is the start of me actually starting to put the physical things out and getting the physical set up started. I got to start bringing display elements home from the storage facility (don't have enough room in my house or shed :( ). And got to start putting in new electrical.

This year I'm installing a sub-panel just for the display and laying underground wiring for outlets in the yard to supply power. Last year I had way too many extension cords running all over the place. And as last year was so much fun and such a success, decided to make it as permanent and easy to setup by adding the sub-panel and such.

I too have been thinking about this year's display since I packed away last year's display. :) Keep me up nights!

-Robert

kylenewman
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
If it makes you feel any better I haven't started this year and have 6 ren64s 100 ssrezs to solder and build enclosures for. Also I need to sequence my show and upgrade the electrical in the house. I still need to build three mega tees and a bunch of arches. Its going to be quite the squeeze just like last year when I built two ren24ss on dec2nd show was up the 15th. Mouser hopefully rushes my order.

lakewood
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Sure it'll be a squeeze - but it's so much fun. :)