PDA

View Full Version : KC, what do you want for Christmas this year?

NogginBoink
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I think the community would appreciate the opportunity to give back to you. Let us know what we can contribute toward to help say 'thank you' for all the work you've done for us.

KC
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
A tall ship and a star to steer her by? No, no, I don't like sailing.

Fame and fortune? No, far too much baggage comes with both of those. I like the simple life.

Actually, there are so many people in this community that do so much with their time and effort, it wouldn't be right to be singled out. Look at all of the people who take their time to patiently work with unfinished software for the greater good. I think it would be fantastic if we could find a way to highlight the community at large. Locally, the northwestern U.S. has had such an anemic presence in this community, I would love to bring it to more peoples' attention around here, as an example. Unfortunately, my inability to have a display this year precludes me from doing much along those lines. So few people know just how much the people in this community do with their time, effort, and individual skills. Anyway, I'm rambling. Lack of sleep and a surplus of caffeine with do that to you. :)

Wayne J
11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
ahhh, humble as always..... we greatly appreciate everything you do buddy! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/MERC460/smileys/icon_bow.gif

xmus
11-21-2007, 10:06 PM
In the hardware world, "we" the designers, offset our out-of-pocket expenses by rolling costs of proto PCB builds, and experimentation expenses into the co-op price (in my case, at the request of the co-op participants). However, in KC's case, he isn't conducting a co-op, so he cant reclaim his expenses by hypothetically adding 60 cents onto each PCB sold.

KC does it actually cost you money to develop our software? Do you pay for software licenses and such? I mean, I personally would GLADLY kick in 20 bucks into a kitty that would help offset your out-of-pocket expenses.

On the other hand (I like being on both sides of an argument) the real cost, is the time spent (thousands of hours), and that is priceless, and overshadows any nominal financial expense...

Okay, now that nobody knows exactly what I mean, I'll back out :)
Dave

KC
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
No real expenses out of necessity. Unless, that is, I'm forced to upgrade to the next version of Visual Studio, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Josh
11-22-2007, 01:52 PM
No real expenses out of necessity. Unless, that is, I'm forced to upgrade to the next version of Visual Studio, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

what expense is there? just drop me a line :lol: and ill send you out a cd...

KC, you really do great work, and the only joy you get from it is us asking for more things, and seeing our displays. We want to thank you, but saying thanks does not seem like enough for such a great program.

We could all have easily spent $250 plus on a program, it may have had the features we have now, but i highly doubt it, and i am damn sure it would not have had the support nor the comunity that we have here. Or a programer that cares about what his "people" want.

For now, Thank you, and have a great Thanksgiving man