PDA

View Full Version : Switching lights inside inflatable

ailgup
06-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Hello , i want to be able to use the lights inside my inflatable as a channel, but an wondering how to do so, i want the blower to be plugged into the wall (so it stays inflated) and to switch the lights as i wish. I looked inside of it and was wondering if i could just cut the wire going from the base to the lights and then run that to my renard controller. My concern was that the four c7 bulbs would not be able to handle the power and burn out? has anyone done this and if so how?

thanks in advance for all the good advice,
chris

budude
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I know I've seen this done in other threads - you should be able to run the C7's on a separate circuit with no problems since they are usually just wired in parallel.

daviddth
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I actually removed the bulbs and placed a led portaflood in the base of all my blowups. Works well

ailgup
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
okay sounds like it should work thanks all!!!

oldcqr
06-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I have a whole DIY article on exactly what you are trying to do:

Electrical Modifications for Inflatables (http://www.landolights.com/main/content/view/97/39/)

budude
06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Hmm - - I have a Snowman dad/son and a Mickey Mouse inflatable but haven't put them up for a couple years since the things don't go well with the dynamic nature of the other lights (at least IMO). Maybe I'll do this with mine as well so I can get them out of retirement...

BuzzKill
06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I actually removed the bulbs and placed a led portaflood in the base of all my blowups. Works well

Just be careful with the wattage of the lamp so you don't burn or melt the inflatable with lamp. But otherwise I really like this idea. I have a awesome 8' spider I use at halloween that this idea would be perfect for.

Jrd
06-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I have an inflatable that won't light and the music doesn't play, maybe I will do this with it after checking it out closer when I get my DMM.

nohandles
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I've been replacing my bulbs with Sun white led bulbs. Several have been rewired so they flash now. I just extended the light cord and ran it through the zipper. It worked very well for me. By the way through away the plastic covers the leds won't give off enough light with the cover still in place.

Robo
02-20-2013, 10:08 PM
I have my inflatable grinch and frosty only blow up on the song before theirs. I dont have the llights turn on until their song starts. People are always suprised when the look and see it suddenly appear.

timon
02-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Most of the new LED inflatables I've seen are totally DC driven. This can be both good and no so good depending on how they're wired. Hopefully it will be easy to power the blower and lights separately. It would be nice to fit these with a reversible fan or two back to back fans so you could deflate them quickly between songs.