PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Response

jem5136
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I know this a a Christmas site, but I was thinking about our Halloween haunted house. What I want to do it set up a room that is completely black, and guests pass through a sensor and it triggers some lights to fade up and stay on untill they pass through another sensor, which fades the lights out. I was wondering if there was a way I could do this using Vixen and either Lynx Express or Renard controllers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jesse

IdunBenhad
05-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi:
Vixen Version 2.5 has trigger input, but I'm not quite sure how they work. Take a look at that version.

Oh, yes, forum is for Halloween, too. It just happens to be mostly elves doing their thing, but they're aware there are other times for blinky-flashy.

mikeh65
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Jem5136,

I also work in a haunted house and did just what you are asking. Look over this posting for more info.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9929

Mike

jem5136
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Thats amazing. I am going to play around with it and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Jesse

StandingInAwe85
05-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I too am looking to integrate Vixen into Halloween. I've done some sort of a mini-haunted house in my garage / on the porch for the past 10 years (started it after learning the tricks of the trade by doing electrical work and acting in a major/professional house for three years). Anyway, one thing I picked up when learning about Vixen a couple years ago is that it (should) support a Velleman K8055 board, which runs about $60 each and offers 5 on/off trigger inputs via USB (and 8 on/off outputs, should be great for triggering relays that drive solenoid valves on air cannons and cylinders). I really don't want to dedicate my keyboard input to Vixen triggers so I'm considering getting a couple of these and seeing what they can do. I'm without a doubt going to be using Vixen and external triggers for Halloween this year, so I'd be interesting in seeing what everyone comes up with.

jem5136
05-17-2010, 10:42 PM
I know I am going to use a couple controller from frightprops.com for some of my other props, but I think this would be just as good.

Jesse