PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal

olingerjccj
05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I found this on craigslist, Blowmolds I really only want the big santa but have to buy all of them. Here is the link $50. So is that worth it?
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/for/1732570372.html

Thanks
John

ErnieHorning
05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't know what the going price for used blowmolds is around your area. I believe used molds that are still in good condition will command a higher price in the lower states. Apparently the sun tends to make them brittle if the paint doesn't fade away first so there arn't as many of the older ones.

Up here a couple of years ago, I was picking up the standard 2-3 foot ones for only a dollar or two. The most I ever paid for any blowmold was 5 bucks.

I have no idea whether that particular Santa is rare or if it's even old, though it's a rather large one, but the general rule is if it's worth it to you to have that particular blowmold and it makes you feel good to have it, then any amount that you pay is worth it. I know people that pay several hundred dollars for certain blowmolds. I like the look and I have several (way too many) for my display but to me it's still just painted plastic.