PDA

View Full Version : Singing tree preview for 2010

dbotelho
05-12-2010, 09:27 AM
So this year I plan on making an animated singing tree with back up pumpkins for halloween. The tree will stand 8' tall by 4' wide and the pumpkins will be positioned at the base. I am thinking of using 1 sheet of plywood. I printed out a template which is 4X8 that I will use to for the cutout. The pumpkin stage the I used last year will now dance to the beat of the music as the Tree and back up pumpkins animate the actual singing. All together it will take 24 channels for the display.

Here is a preview...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEw-BcxfV8o

I have some sequences from last year available for download @ http://www.wapaduwart.webs.com

I will post some of the new sequences for this year a little later.

cbell
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Very cool, can't wait to see it implemented!

dirknerkle
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
That is very clever! Gives me some good ideas on ways I can use my garage door. Have to start working on that for Christmas 2011...

Timsk
06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
They look very cool. I'm planning on working on something similar this year although I wasn't planning on using the mouth and eye movement you use, I might try it now after seeing what you've done.

N7XG
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I am very impressed. Perhaps in time you can give us more if the finer details of your project.

Sparkey
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
How in the name of Halloween did you get the vixen graphics to come out so good? !!
The eyes and mouth are so clear and fine. So far I can only get blocks out of vixen graphics, what am I doing wrong????

dbotelho
06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Hello and thanks for all of your compliments

The easiest answer is to go to www.wapaduwart.webs.com. I have 4 completed singing tree sequences available for download there which should help to shed some "light" on the How To.

I was able to getting the small details on the preview by setting the "Pixels" in the Adjustable Preview to "2"...I used the big blocks on my first sequences until I found how the pixels sizing worked.

I hope to get the plywood cut out done soon!

Thanks and good luck...