PDA

View Full Version : Soldering Service ?

lboucher
04-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey Guys

So i have another project that hopefully will be ramping up soon.
Not really related to christmas lights, at least yet.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has any experience with a company that not only produces PCB's but will also solder the surface mount components.

1 of the components i need to use only comes in a plastic land grid array and in general i am going to need to keep this project as small as possible.
Thus, i don't want to mess with soldering something so small.

Really hoping to keep the price reasonable for a guy like me.

Thoughts?

IdunBenhad
04-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi:
I have a cousin in Oregon that has a business doing just what you are asking. They "stuff" and solder pc boards.

I will send you a PM with his E:mail address.

EDIT: He does not make the PC boards, but can probably guide you onto a manufacturer that he has worked with.

DynamoBen
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I've used PCBFabExpress for boards but not assembly. The boards are some of the best prices I've seen, can't image the assembly service would be much more expensive.

http://www.pcbfabexpress.com

smartalec
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Im wondering if the people that design an sell the boards with smd devices on it, could actually solder the smd device onto the board?
im willing to pay extra for it , since i have no idea when it comes to smd devices an there size.

DynamoBen
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Im wondering if the people that design an sell the boards with smd devices on it, could actually solder the smd device onto the board?
im willing to pay extra for it , since i have no idea when it comes to smd devices an there size.

This will take the thread off course but I will answer. It depends.

It depends on the person and the coop. Most SMD boards here are designed with the home user in mind. I'm working on a design right now with SMD parts that are easily done at home. In my case I will expect people to give it a go and add SMD to their list of skills. ;)