PDA

View Full Version : New posts

Matt
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Sometimes, I want to go search for an old topic. When I browse around the site for awhile searching for the topic, all the topics in the forum seem to get marked as read.

So, is there any way to ALWAYS keep threads marked as unread until I actually look at the individual thread?

-Matt

Macrosill
11-14-2007, 08:59 AM
This has happened to me as well. What I do is try and read all the new posts first before searching around. Also I have opened a tab with the index page and am able to go back to it as reference for later on as to the new posts. I have even searched each and every forum looking at the last few posts and checking their last post date and time to see if I have missed anything.

This is an annoyance. However it will have to wait until after the Holiday season.

scharbon
11-14-2007, 09:04 AM
MACROSIL
However it will have to wait until after the Holiday season.

What? You don't have your 368 channels up and running yet? :o

Macrosill
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Nope, I only have less than 10,000 lights out and no power or control wiring done.

I am in the middle of an extension on my house and I can not continue with the setup until after the roof is on next week.

BUT the show will go on, better late than never!

Dan Ross
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
What I usually do is when I first get to the site (if you look on the right hand side of the screen just above the "last post" column there is a link to view posts since last visit) I click that link and it shows all the new posts. If you don't close your browser and you navigate away from that screen and go back it will still show those posts, it may show them as read but you can use that as a reference.