PDA

View Full Version : SSRez as DC

jboyles7
02-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Has anyone used the SSRez PCB w/ different parts to make an SSRDC?

This is just something I'm thinking about for some mighty minis and a REN64.

budude
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Somebody used an SSROz PCB to make a DCSSR - - but honestly - at least IMO - it was just not worth the hacking required. The PCBs from wjohn are pretty cheap and don't require any surgery.

If you're really set on doing it anyway then take a look at http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9345. The EZ layout is a bit different but you could probably recreate what what was done here.

edit - one other thing to look at is LabRat's DCSSR layout - I used this myself to etch/build my own DCSSRs - they worked great!

jboyles7
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks -- Making the PCBs was my alternative. Humm - where to find a laser printer. . .

Matt_Edwards
02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
or an inkjet that accepts media CDs etc?

budude
02-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks -- Making the PCBs was my alternative. Humm - where to find a laser printer. . .

Yeah - - that is an issue - I use the photo-resist method but even with that you need a good solid black transparency and I don't get that with my Canon inkjet even with the highest quality settings. The alternative is to print two copies and get them lined up just right (which can be tricky). Luckily I have access to Laserjet Copier/Printers at work and it's dark enough for my needs.