PDA

View Full Version : Background Sequence

jmelvin
11-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Is it possible to have a sequence running in the background while your main show is running?

For example: I have a couple of wooden reindeer that I put out, one has its head down as if eating or drinking. I then lay out some blue sets of minis on the ground as to simulate water. I wanted to chase the lights in rings away from the deer to make the water move as if it was drinking.
This would run continuously until lights out.

Macrosill
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
No, the background sequence can only run when there is no other sequence running. You will have to program the rings of water into each sequence for the effect you want.

nathank
11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
How many channels does this water effect use? If it's just a constant repeat of the same pattern, perhaps a seperate standalone controller which just loops through a small sequence? Just thinking out loud, but perhaps something using a 555 timer IC and a 4017 decade counter IC?

jmelvin
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
after thinking about this, I could modify one of those chasing sets. i'm only using 4 channels.

nathank
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Yep, if it's only 4 channels then that would be ideal. I'd be keen to see a video of the effect!