PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe Patterns

kychristmas
01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have any Patterns they used for building wireframes. If not, have you seen them on other sites? Right now, I have found a couple of decent line-art pictures that I plan to blow-up at Kinkos. Then use them as guides for bending.

I can't freehand as others (or their Wives) have done. Just not that talented.

Kelly

kkmm
01-27-2010, 06:35 AM
If you can get hold of a projector you can draw what ever you want at whatever size you need

budude
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I've got piles and piles of scroll saw patterns when I "thought" I was going to get into woodworking as a hobby years ago. They're obviously pretty small but if blown up they would probably work great for wireframe outlines. Let me look through them and see if there are any holiday patterns (more than likely). If I find some that might work I'll post them here as jpgs from scans.

kychristmas
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I have both digital and opaque overhead projectors to use. I have blown up many patterns for woodworking at Kinkos. They are very reasonable.

The issue is more as budude thought it was. I just can't find images that will work well as wireframes.

Kelly

jpb
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
I have made a number of bells and started by drawing them on A4 paper and once I get a nice look I photo copy it to A3, cut it in half and then blow it up further until I get the size I want. I then sticky tape the sheets together to make a pattern.

I have also done things by drawing the pattern onto concrete with chalk to give me something to follow. This also gives me a template when welding the bits together.

Jon

IdunBenhad
01-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi:
Someone else suggested this on another thread, so it's not my idea.

Do a search for "Coloring pages". You will get an amazing return with hundreds of patterns to choose from and they are easy to download and trace or enlarge.

kychristmas
01-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi:
Someone else suggested this on another thread, so it's not my idea.

Do a search for "Coloring pages". You will get an amazing return with hundreds of patterns to choose from and they are easy to download and trace or enlarge.

Yep, I already do that. I have found a couple good ones in either Coloring Books or on the Web. There are a ton that would be great for Cutouts, but Wireframes require a certain level of detail. Enough to make the item right, but not so much detail as to make it too complicated.

I appreciate the input. When and If I do start making them I will create Patterns of everything I make.

Kelly