PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with PIC software

kwdelre
01-23-2010, 11:06 PM
I am using WinPIC.

I have my hardware set, my chip choosen, but when I want it to read it gives me an error everytime saying "failed to install -> WP800IO.sys"

Anyone else have this issue?

I am having trouble just figuring out what to do with the asm file in order to program this PIC.

omzig
01-23-2010, 11:25 PM
What OS are you using? Are you logged on as admin?

kwdelre
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Vista, yes I am the admin

omzig
01-23-2010, 11:51 PM
The reason that I ask is that a while back I tried to help a friend of mine get a JDM programmer to work. We got past the error that you mentioned by downloading the most recent version of WinPIC and logging in as admin. Unfortunately we never did get the programmer to work but we did get past that error. Apparently the version of WinPIC that was supplied with the programmer didn't work on Vista.

kwdelre
01-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Do you happen to know of another program that will work with the JDM?

omzig
01-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Do you happen to know of another program that will work with the JDM?No. I'm not saying that there isn't, I just don't know. I think that the problem we had was hardware related. One problem with JDM is that there are many different JDM programmers out there because JDM isn't really a brand, it is a design that has been used by many. Some of the programmers seem to work better than others. I know that there are several here at DIYC that have said that their JDM works well for them, but I could never get the one that I tried to work.

kwdelre
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I just tried another program and it keeps saying it has not detected a PIC programmer.....frustration....

ctmal
01-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure if this works on Vista but this is the program I've used with my pgm programmer. There's a few quirks here and there but all in all it works great.

http://members.aon.at/electronics/pic/picpgm/

kwdelre
01-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Thanks, Im actually trying that right now on a compter with XP, didn't detect my programmer with Vista, crossing fingers.

ctmal
01-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks, Im actually trying that right now on a compter with XP, didn't detect my programmer with Vista, crossing fingers.

One quirk I've found with the jdm programmers is that when you start up the software you need to make sure there is not a pic in the programmer. If there is the programmer will not be found.

kwdelre
01-24-2010, 02:27 AM
I am trying to use this Programmer via a serial to USB adapter. Could this cause any problem? The LED is on showing power. I don't have a CPU to try a straight serial connection.

kwdelre
01-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Just answered my own question

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1037

Won't work with the adapter. :mad:

Before I try to take this adapter back, will i be able to use it with the Ren64 to run my show from a laptop?

ctmal
01-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Assuming it's a typical usb-serial adapter it should work fine with the renard. I've run ren16's off of a usb adapter.

Jrd
01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I am trying to use this Programmer via a serial to USB adapter. Could this cause any problem? The LED is on showing power. I don't have a CPU to try a straight serial connection.
Do you Really mean Serial to USB or do you mean USB to Serial? If you mean the latter then you can use it for controlling your Renards from a laptop.

kwdelre
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
So I went to my dad's house to use his serial port and it literally took me 5 min. to install the program and program all of the chips. So frustrating to have spent 3+ hours wasting my time on something so easy. i bet this won't be the last time though :mrgreen:

budude
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
So I went to my dad's house to use his serial port and it literally took me 5 min. to install the program and program all of the chips. So frustrating to have spent 3+ hours wasting my time on something so easy. i bet this won't be the last time though :mrgreen:

Just remember - it builds character... :rolleyes:

kwdelre
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
lol.....my wife says I have too much already.....I guess not in a good way.

Hasith
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh Thanks ctmal! i was looking for a pic software for JDM programmer in a Win7 interface and it is pleasure that the pgm programmer the one you mention previous is done it well..............so thanks very much for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!