PDA

View Full Version : Mix Controllers

gassy
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Hello from a NewB. After stalking this forum I've decided to get out of the chair and annoy my neighbors with thousands of blinking lights. I have parts laying around for an Olsen 595 (going to etch the SSRs today) that's going to be used on a tree. How much trouble is going to be if I want to add a Renard24ss to the display? Can Vixen handle this? Can they by daisychained?

zaker
01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Hello from a NewB. After stalking this forum I've decided to get out of the chair and annoy my neighbors with thousands of blinking lights. I have parts laying around for an Olsen 595 (going to etch the SSRs today) that's going to be used on a tree. How much trouble is going to be if I want to add a Renard24ss to the display? Can Vixen handle this? Can they by daisychained?

Welcome aboard! I started with a 595, got bigger from there.

The 595 is parallel, Renards are serial, so they can't be daisychained. But.. you can use the serial port and parallel ports at the same time.

And Vixen will handle it, you just set it so it knows which channels are on which port, and you have blinky-flashy.

Just ask away, lots of help & info here! Make sure you check out the Wiki, lots of reading in there.

gassy
01-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks, I'll do that.