PDA

View Full Version : Color Choices

olingerjccj
01-02-2010, 01:17 AM
I would like to have some color change in my display this year. I would like to have the ability to have everything on the home one color. So I will be using 3 colors for my design what 3 colors would you all go with I was thinking red/green/multi or if have you a different combo that looked stunning.

Thanks
John

djulien
01-02-2010, 01:30 AM
So I will be using 3 colors for my design what 3 colors would you all go with I was thinking red/green/multi or if have you a different combo that looked stunning.

If you only have 3 colors to work with, the red + green + white combination used in the Holdman videos (and others) looks nice, as those are Christmas colors. Depending on the visual effect you want, you might also try yellow/amber instead of the white. With those, if you wanted multi-color, you could just turn on more than one color at the same time, but if you use a multi-colored string, you can't turn off part of it (at least not with a normally wired light string).

Blue and white also looks nice, although the blue is often dimmer than other colors.

don

kychristmas
01-02-2010, 01:32 AM
a Very Common setup is like mine Clear, Red, Green. I don't think you need Multi as you can achieve a very nice "Multi" look by having them all on at once. Some have 4 channels and generall add Blue.

RichF
01-02-2010, 09:58 AM
I used red clear and multi in 2008 season. Looked real good and Wow I still have a few hundred multi colors not even used yet.

Deast
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
What I would like to find is a straight RGB Led string. Not individually addressable, but a whole string on one channel. For example: 100 RGB leds with 4 wires connecting them all. 1 common, and 1 for each color. Then I could make any color.

I have looked around the net for this, and I can only find them in flexable strips or hard strips.

This year I had red, green and white in most areas, and it would be easier to have the same effect with a single string.

djulien
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
What I would like to find is a straight RGB Led string. Not individually addressable, but a whole string on one channel. For example: 100 RGB leds with 4 wires connecting them all. 1 common, and 1 for each color. Then I could make any color.

tmhoward may have found some like that; check this thread:

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10197

don