PDA

View Full Version : ChristmasWiki upgrade

Macrosill
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
The software that runs the ChristmasWiki was updated this evening.

If anyone encounters any problems with the wiki please let me know.

Account creation is still required to be manually done by me. If you require an account let me know and I will make one for you. Although this is an inconvenience for both you and I it is required to prevent the creation of hundreds of spam pages.

Sharkey
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Great news!

Will there be any new features that will be visible to us?

Also, I think there are plugins you can install to stop spam.

Macrosill
12-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Whoa, I got worried there for a minute when I saw a reply in this tread!

To be honest, I did not look deeply into the upgrade on the user end of things. This was done purely from a server standpoint. We are having some issues with some users getting their IP addresses banned by the server for some security rule violations. Yesterday the cause of each and every ban had to do with the wiki. Step one resolving this was to make sure the wiki software was up to date. It is now, so with a bit of luck, which I usually do not have, the issue will be resolved.

With that said I will look into any feature upgrades on the user end that may be contained in the new version.

Sharkey
12-21-2009, 01:21 AM
That sounds good!
I hope everything is solved

chilloutdocdoc
12-21-2009, 10:08 AM
W00H000000!!!!!!!!!! I won't get banned anymore.... Now if I could just get this duct tape off my mouth in the chat room :P

RavingLunatic
12-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Brian,

Apparently there is something new to the naming convention of the wiki pages that is causing you to delete and re-create and/or rename some of the old wiki pages.

I guess I'll need to redo almost all of my saved links and update/redo my watch list for the pages that I am connected to.

Is the renaming/re-creating process done?

RL

Macrosill
12-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I had to rename most of the pages titles with a hyphen. There is a couple of particular page titles that are causing security bans on the server. The only thing in common with the titles was the hyphen. I simply renamed the pages by removing the hyphen. I went into every page I could find and re-linked to any pages that were renamed. I spent a few ours the other day doing it.

Santacarl
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
OK...I'm missing it.....where is the Wiki located now? I used to get to it from the link at the top of the forum....don't see it now..... I'm sure I'm overlooking it someplace.......help? Anyone.....

RavingLunatic
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

trains58554
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
The link for the wiki can be found here
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?14613-Update&p=145035#post145035